Reasons to save
There are lots of good reasons to save now with Whai Rawa for you and your whānau:
- Helping your tamariki and mokopuna develop a savings habit is part of building their knowledge about financial matters so they can make better financial decisions in the future. Find out more.
- Whai Rawa has been set up by and for Ngāi Tahu which means whānau have ultimate control of it through the 18 Te Rūnanga representatives. Find out more about the set up of Whai Rawa and who is involved.
- Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu provides matched savings to all adult and child members who save as well as providing distributions and currently meets mosts costs and charges. Find out more.
- As with any savings or investment scheme, the sooner you start to put money in, the more time your money has to grow. Find out more.
- Funds you deposit into Whai Rawa are locked in for key life events which means they won’t get frittered away. Find out more.
To make it as easy as possible to save with Whai Rawa there are a range of payment options. Find out more.
Koha Whai Rawa
It’s good to acknowledge those supporting tamariki and mokopuna for a better future. Whether it’s to represent your gift for a birthday or Christmas or just a regular AP, we love sending out Koha Whai Rawa certificates to young ones to show them who is contributing to their Whai Rawa savings. Contact us to have a Koha Whai Rawa certificate sent out on your behalf.