Ngā Kaitiaki Moni is a tool for Whai Rawa to communicate directly with our tamariki members of Whai Rawa to teach them about money, savings, ways to help out their whānau, and long-term saving goals. We do this by sending materials to Ngā Kaitiaki Moni members and through our website at www.whairawa.com/tamariki (our ‘website’).
We respect your privacy, and the privacy of our tamariki users of Ngā Kaitiaki Moni, and comply with the Privacy Act 2020. It is important to us that any personal information that we collect from you and your tamariki is treated with care.
Whai Rawa Fund Limited (company no. 1789878) (‘Whai Rawa’) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu Limited (‘Ngāi Tahu’), and manages the Whai Rawa Unit Trust.
What kind of information we collect
We may collect the following information from your tamariki and you in relation to Ngā Kaitiaki Moni:
|Personal information collected||When collected||Why collected|
|The name and contact details of your tamariki.||When your tamariki sign up to Ngā Kaitiaki Moni or when you or your tamariki otherwise provide it to us (for example at our Road shows).||So that we may identify your tamariki for the purposes of corresponding with them (including sending a launch pack), responding to communications from your tamariki, and/or providing your tamariki with information.|
|Your name and contact details.||When you provide it to us (for example, during our Ngā Kaitiaki Moni sign up process).||So that we may enable your tamariki to sign up to Ngā Kaitiaki Moni, respond to any communications from you, and/or provide you with information.|
|All personal information we collect about you and your tamariki, including the above||The circumstances described above, and otherwise during our interaction with you or your tamariki.||For the purposes set out below.|
How we use that information
In addition to the specific purposes outlined above, we may also use personal information we collect from you or your tamariki to:
- improve or update our website and our services;
- conduct competitions or prize draws (when your tamariki wishes to participate in those competitions or prize draws);
- provide you or your tamariki with information about Whai Rawa and/or Ngāi Tahu (including promotional material, news, and event information);
- conduct research and statistical analysis on an anonymised basis;
- provide you and/or your tamariki with important notices and information about this website and our services; or
- any other purpose for which your tamariki has, or you have, given permission.
Where that information is held
We hold all personal information that we collect about your tamariki or you in connection with Ngā Kaitiaki Moni separately to any information that we hold in connection with the Whai Rawa savings scheme.
We access and store our data, including any personal information that we collect in respect of you or your tamariki, through our secure systems and servers.
These are hosted by Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu in New Zealand.
Who we share that information with
We may share personal information that we hold in respect of you or your tamariki to other entities for the purposes of providing services to you or your tamariki or otherwise in connection with the purposes for which we obtained the personal information.
For example, we may provide that personal information to printers and other companies for the purposes of preparing and distributing Ngā Kaitiaki Moni materials.
We may also disclose that personal information to our professional advisers, service providers, related companies and others where we consider to do so is necessary or desirable in connection with one of the purposes for which we obtained the personal information, or where we consider it is in our legitimate interests to make such disclosure and can do so in a manner that doesn’t prejudice you or you tamariki.
Restrictions on use
We will never provide personal information that we collect from tamariki to unrelated third parties (that is, parties other than Ngāi Tahu or its related entities) for advertisement and/or advertisement targeting purposes.
We will not sell, rent, or lease the personal information we hold in respect of you or your tamariki.
We will not otherwise use or disclose that personal information, except:
- for any purpose set out in this policy;
- where you have (or your tamariki has) authorised us to do so in respect of the personal information that we hold about you or your tamariki;
- where we have given you notification of our intended use/disclosure and you have not objected to that use/disclosure in an anonymised form;
- where we believe that such use/disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions;
- where we believe that such use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of us or others; or
- as otherwise required or permitted by law.
How you can access and correct that information
You and your tamariki have the right to access and correct readily retrievable personal information that we hold about your tamariki (and you have the same right with respect to personal information we hold about you).
To do so, please contact our privacy officer:
The Privacy Officer, Whai Rawa Fund Limited
15 Show Place, PO Box 13046, Christchurch 8024, New Zealand
or email [email protected]