The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. To the extent permitted by law, Whai Rawa Fund Limited (Whai Rawa) – Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this website is correct, complete and up-to-date. Information on the site should not be taken as financial advice and does not guarantee any returns.
Although this website may include links providing direct access to other internet resources, including third-party websites, Whai Rawa – Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites. Links from Whai Rawa – Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu to third party sites do not constitute an endorsement by Whai Rawa – Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu of the parties or their products and services.
Every effort is made to keep this website up-to-date and functioning smoothly. However Whai Rawa – Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, this website or account logins being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Whai Rawa and Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu and its subsidiaries, collects, holds and handles your personal information in compliance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 and the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If you are located in the EU, you may have rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
Personal information is any piece of information that relates to a living individual (natural person) who can be identified, directly or indirectly. For the purposes of the Act, the ‘Data Controller’ in respect of your personal information is Ngai Tahu.
Personal information is not currently collected through the website (other than as disclosed in the joining portal). However, this policy is a general statement of how personal information provided to Whai Rawa will be collected, used, disclosed and protected. Where specific personal information is collected from you, we will inform you of the basis on which it is collected, used, and disclosed at the relevant time. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that any personal information is not used for purposes other than that for which it has been collected.
Why we collect your Personal Information
Whai Rawa – Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu collects your personal information in order:
- to process your Whai Rawa application;
- to administer, manage and provide services in connection with Whai Rawa and the operations of Ngai Tahu;
- to inform you about other products and services offered by Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu, which we consider may be of interest to you;
- to offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests;
- for any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research that we might undertake. We will not collect or use any sensitive information we collect from you for direct marketing without first obtaining your consent;
- to respond to communications received from you;
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymous basis); and
- for any other purposes for which you have given permission.
How we disclose your personal information
- Organisations engaged by Whai Rawa to perform functions or provide products or services on Whai Rawa’s behalf such as processing of credit card information, provision of technical and product support, debt collection and hosting of customer relationship (CRM) systems.
- Such third parties include Rocket Science Group LCC (including MailChimp);
- Printers and other companies for the purpose of preparing and distributing statements and for handling mail;
- Organisations who sponsor or promote any competition that Whai Rawa conducts or promotes via its services;
- Reputable market research companies or other advisers to assist Whai Rawa in developing products, services or information for Ngāi Tahu Whānui;
- Legal and accounting firms, auditors, contractors, consultants and other advisers for the purpose of administering, and advising on your investment and for associated actions;
- Internet Service Providers and network Administrators; and
- Departments or other entities of the New Zealand government.
Some of these third parties to whom Whai Rawa may disclose your personal information may be located in other countries including New Zealand, Australia, United States of America, India, and the United Kingdom.
Access and correction of personal information
You have the right to access and correct your personal information by contacting the Manager at the address and contact details set out below.
We use [third party cookies] from Google Analytics to give us access to aggregated data about the visitors to our site. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to any personal information you may have provided us. Please see here for more information.
Contacting the Privacy Officer
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. We reserve the right, however, to deny or limit access or amendments to your personal information where we are entitled by law to do so. To make a request or to find out more about how to do this, please contact us. If you have any queries about our handling of personal information please write to:
The Privacy Officer, Whai Rawa Fund Limited
15 Show Place, PO Box 13046, Christchurch 8024, New Zealand
or email [email protected]