Ngāi Tahu registered whānau currently living in New Zealand or Australia can register with Whai Rawa online using this form or you can complete a paper-based application form (found in the Whai Rawa Product Disclosure Statement) and send it to us.
Not registered with the tribe? Sign up here online.
Please read the Scheme Pānui before joining as it contains important information about Whai Rawa that you will need in order to make an informed decision about whether to join or not. Click here for the latest edition of the Scheme Pānui.
To complete a Whai Rawa application online you will need to:
- Be the individual wishing to apply OR be the parent, guardian or other relation of the applicant if the applicant is a minor
- Have a valid email account
- You do not need to know the Ngāi Tahu Whakapapa registration number of the applicant, or your own, but if you do, it should help us to progress your Whai Rawa application
- You need to be a New Zealand or Australian resident to join Whai Rawa
- You will need a NZ IRD number or, if based in Australia, an Australian Tax File number. If you do not provide this within six weeks of applying we will not be able to complete your application
All whānau registered with Te Rūnanga Ngāi Tahu who are resident in Australia can now join electronically by clicking the button above and entering your details, tick that you want us to verify your identity (and address) electronically without submitting any documentation. You will be required to supply either your Australian Drivers Licence no., Australian Medicare card no. or Australian Passport no. and expiry date, although we do recommend supplying as much of this information as possible. If you are the parent looking to join your tamariki or mokopuna, please supply your ID’s, not the joining child members ID’s.